Man is rediscovering the wealth of wisdom the ancient world has handed over to us through the generations. The allopathic medicine has been highly inadequate in treating many fatal diseases, while the alternative health methods have succeeded with seemingly simple interventions. Some of the recognized and actively pursued alternative health therapies found today are:
1. Aromatherapy – this is a very popular alternative health therapy. It is based on the concept that the body’s imbalances can be corrected with the help of the inhalation of different aromas.
2. Acupuncture/ acupressure – these two therapies are combined under one head because the function under the same premise, i.e. that the body has certain nodules or pressure points, which if blocked or stimulated can be efficient in curing pain and many other serious diseases.
3. Herbal medicine – perhaps the most popular of all the alternative health available, the herbal medicine has taken the world by storm. It has proved beyond any doubt that it is extremely efficient in treating and curing many fatal diseases. The herbal treatment harnesses the awesome power of the nature for providing relief and permanent cures.
4. Homeopathy – discovered by Hannemann in Germany, homeopathy acts of the concept that the body functions with the help of a million of chemical reactions. The homeopathy medicine identifies where these chemical reactions have failed or are overactive – in order to get the body in proper balance again. This is why many times, the problem is aggravated first and then reversed.
5. Yoga and meditation – yoga is extremely powerful in curing many ailments from blood pressure to back ache to heart problems. Yoga also teaches self-discipline, which assists largely in achieving mental peace and good health.
Other alternative health therapies include ayurvedic medicines, chelation, chiropractice, energy healing, naturopathy, reiki to name a few.